8.20.2008

Second Ever: "What's Filling My Box?"

Much like magazines have taken to replicating "classic covers" I have taken to replicating "classic AoF posts". Yesterday I started writing a "City in Review: Phoenix" when I realized that my review would have been limited to eating at a Sonic drive in (not even close to as good as it looks in the commercials), seeing the worlds largest woman/tranny run out into the middle of the street and start yelling at oncoming traffic, and watching a shirtless and possibly homeless man in a wheelchair come dangerously close to getting hit by a city bus. (There are some obscenely wide intersections in downtown Phoenix, six to eight lanes across and this guy wasn't moving that fast. - Certainly no "Rolling Thunder.") This could actually be the guy. If so, R.I.P. buddy, and if I know my pop culture sign language, Rock & Roll!!!

There's also a "Mo' Money Pawn Shop/Superstore". Seriously, picture the K-Mart of pawn shops. Holy shit, in sticking with AoF's "train of thought" writing style I not only found a photo of Mo' Money Pawn Shop, but also their website. If you click on only one link today I suggest you make it this one and take a look at the plethora of items/services available. Shit the place is family owned and has it's own distinct departments including jewelry, electronics and firearms.
I'm trying to think if there is anything else that I'm missing before emptying my box...nope that's about it for now. Onward to my box.
Over the course of the last few months I'd planned a number of AoF posts, and never ended up writing them. Some are disturbing internet articles such as one from September 2007 about a woman who gave birth to her own grandchildren, while others are just odd or funny like this man (probably DGD) who was walking around Massachusetts wearing nothing but a gas mask. As you can see from the article, he's "at large". This one is just hilarious - a school principle in Canada (of course it's coming from Canada) is facing losing her job for flinging poo at a student. Note that she's only facing potentially losing her job, flinging poo at your students in Canada is a centuries old tradition, she's getting fired for throwing like a girl.

I think that's enough for now. This is Tony Wonder from the Phoenix HQ of AoF, signing off.

0 comments: