3.14.2008

When It Rains, It Pours



As I ran past the empty rooms of the AoF HQ on my way to drop an emergency deuce after a particularly grueling assignment that took me three hours longer than I expected, I did feel a twinge of saddness. (oh come on you know the times when you really have to go and the thought of public facilities is quickly dismissed as you realize you still have a key to your old house.) Alas, maybe it was not saddness but the twinge of the turtle head popping. Or maybe it was the sheer joy of watching democrats rip apart their party (more on this next post, I've been been scratching my political itch and am close to being riled up once again). Regardless, it is indeed the closing of a chapter and a sad one indeed. However, I was barely able to continue with my life when the next news hit me: Dougie will not be going deep at Fenway Park anymore. No, now we'll deal with Kevin "Johnny" Cash as Tim McGraw's twin brother's personal catcher.

("I can't quit you. . . )




Indeed, my namesake has been released. However, his memory will live on. As with most cult favorites, this won't have an ultimate effect on our season, but it makes every fifth day much less enjoyable. I comment here, because this is Dougie's birthplace, although The Upper Decker might be a better forum and the name more appropraite for someone of Dougie's stature. Plus I'll be honest, I'm still sickened by the pictures on that site, speaking of not being able to quit something. . .



Anyway, I am officially putting my Dougie's Going Deep Tonight shirt with my David Wells t-shirt jersey and awaiting the perfect day to let it out in all its glory. Dare I say meatfest?

Stay tuned... next week: Why a Barack W will be less upsetting to me than that game in February, and why I might welcome it.

0 comments: