3.11.2008

It's so haaaaaaaaard to say goodbyyyyeee...

It's a rare occasion that I get to blog these days. As it tends to, life got in the way of more fruitful endeavors, particularly posting on AoF and the Upper Decker. I know, what's more important than the AoF family of internet sites? Very little indeed. On a daily basis I try to listen to as much of Sebastian in the morning as I can, unfortunately after about 15 mins into my commute I lose the signal. On that show he regularly talks about myspace, the erstwhile social networking forum responsible for all things from bands making it big to date rape. Were I to have a myspace page (admittedly I do despite having already forgotten the password), I would set my mood to "sad".
Why am I sad? It's not so much sadness as it is just feeling down as the last of AoF's editors vacates headquarters. TDX opened the Brooklyn office which quickly went under. Without the constant pressure from TDX to post, DGD pretty much fell off the map, and no less than 2 weeks ago, he vacated AoF HQ to open the Easter CT branch. As the last man standing, I had little to no energy at the end of the day to even consider posting, although I had plenty of halfway decent ideas, and maybe a couple of good ones here and there that I ultimately forgot or were too topical to matter now. Now I'm officially closing the book on AoF HQ, and moving the HQ to the Lower Hudson Valley. (LoHud).
Obviously I'm not going to promise that I'll try and post with more regularity, in all honesty I can't make that guarantee. I'm going to cut this off now before my tears leak through the cracks in my keyboard and this never hits the interweb.
Ok fine, you got me, I'm not really sad. Although yes it is true that we're shutting down HQ and moving to a new location (with an arguably nicer view) the move is a good thing. Cut down on utilities, cut down on travel. It figures that we're installing new windows and a new bathroom now that everyone leaves. Only the best for AoF editors. I'm going to take this opportunity to implore DGD and TDX to at least make an attempt. I know there's a lot going on but hey, posting can be fun from time to time. Lastly, if you're interested in writing for AoF contact me and I'll get you set up.

0 comments: