1.10.2008

Hiatus Over....Probably

I haven't necessarily spoken to DGD about our combined lack of posting, but I think it's a given that he joins me in thanking TW for holding down the fort on AoF. He's been quite excellent lately in his coverage of all things relevant for the modern society. I mean, really, sophisticated political analysis from a man who has never voted before? Introduction to Modern (f)Art? Posts peppered with masturbation jokes? I don't know if DGD and myself are even necessary for the sustained excellence (subjective term) of AoF.

Nevertheless, I hope to be back now in a more permanent capacity than has been the case over the past month or so. I would apologize for my (probably less than notable) absence, but screw you, I don't need to explain myself to anyone. OK, for what it's worth, I started a new job. I say "new" job because it sounds much better than just saying I became un-unemployed and no longer sit on my couch full-time. To be fair though, plenty of successful people spend much of their time sitting around all day. A couple come to mind....luminaries such as FDR and Jabba the Hut. And as for the "job" aspect, NYC is my employer, so I'm sure the taxpayers will be happy to find out that precious little of their tax dollars find their way into my pocket. However, I have already begun my full-scale office supply stealing operation. We hope to be on the moon by 2012....or at least steal one of those sweet automatic staplers.
Wow...here we are...three paragraphs in...I wonder how fast anyone's gonna catch on that this post is about nothing. I almost instinctively fell back on something sports related but I guess that's what The Upper Decker's for. You gotta admit, by the way, that that's one great name for a blog. TW is good at what he does. Unfortunately for his overlords at work, it doesn't involve any of the things they actually pay him for.
As for something topical, I'm just gonna have to go with zombies/a half assed movie review. "I am Legend" pissed me off. Granted I saw it a couple of weeks ago now, but it still bothers me. You probably all know that its the third movie version of the 1950s book by the same name that largely introduced into pop culture the whole concept of vampirism. Well, the movie just didn't have enough vampires. Dammit Will Smith, fight some more vampires, drive some stakes through their heart, do something other than recruit people to Scientology. The only conclusion to take is that if Martin Lawrence had been there at least there would have been witty banter. Or an acapella rendition of the "Bad Boys" theme. Something at least. Oh yeah, for anyone who gets worked over the fact that I just said a few lines ago that I was gonna talk about zombies and then went straight into vampires, just remember that vampires are just zombies with some style. Kinda like Buck Nasty.

1 comments:

AoFGB said...

I'd comment more...but I have to go put water in Buck Nasty's momma's dish!

Your suit is like Afghanistan. Bombed out and depleted.