2.22.2008

Anyone Remember Money Train?

So here I sit, watching Miami Vice, Friday night, 10pm. I'm reminiscing about debaucherous days, where shooting yourself in the head with a NERF gun made perfect sense. It's been almost 3 weeks since I last blogged. That has nothing to do with desire. In that 3 week span I've had plenty of things to blog about, but no time or no energy to do it. I planned on doing a column on the city of Atlanta, while I was there. No dice. In fact, I'm growing tired the longer I sit here and I keep thinking that this post is going the way of TDX in never actually getting to the point (or using the point as an excuse to write about life, then throw in a quick blurb at the end. Quick shot of Colin Farrell's moustache. Drink twice.

So, I hate to play the race card, but I'm throwing it out there. Watching Miami Vice, I can't help myself. The question I'm posing is this: historically who is the best on-screen white guy black guy duo? Right now I'm watching Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx. Despite the fantastic facial hair sported by both the duo is not the greatest. I have just been reminded of DGD's obsession with Colin Farrell. Not so much his acting prowess, but moreso his nutsack, which DGD had to rewind to get a clear look at while watching Alexander. Immediately Miami Vice falls into last place. I guess technically they're currently in first and last place simultaneously. Next up from the bottom is Tyrese and Paul Walker in 2 Fast 2 Furious. Now ther eare terrible movies, and really terrible movies. These two movies are battling it out for each distinction. Ironically both take place in Miami. It is likely that nothing good comes out of Miami (with the exception of the 7th Floor Crew). I'm mostly amazed that they have not only a Wikipedia page as well as a myspace page. Here's another great article.

Moving on, as I'm losing steam, I'm going to put Woody Harrellson and Wesley Snipes in 3rd place. That's right I arbitrarily decided to make this a top 5, or perhaps it's really a bottom 5. White Men Can't Jump was a decent movie, although it was clear that neither of them could really dunk in real life, most of the shots weren't authentic, and the hoops were actually 7 1/2 feet rather than 10. And they were playing with women's size balls.

Mel Gibson and Danny Glover come in second. That partnership lasted for 4 movies. Not a bad run huh? Individually I really don't like either Danny Glover or Mel Gibson. In fact, I really dislike Mel. Actually, they're automatically relegated to last place on this list. Chuck Norris and that black guy in Walker Texas Ranger, but (1) that's not a movie and (2) it just doesn't count when one of the two is less than notable.

Samuel L. Jackson and Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3 and Denzel Washington with Ethan Hawke in Training Day, both good but not really a partnership.

I'm not going to lie, I've reached #1 and have no idea who to give the top spot. After careful consideration the award goes to Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones for the Men in Black movies. Do I think they deserve it? Absolutely not. Out of sheer laziness I'm going to end it here. If you're reading this and can think of one, even if it's questionable or not very good, post it in the comments section.

0 comments: