11.15.2007

Fact: Phil Jackson Apologizes - the Blog-o-sphere Chimes In

Two posts in one day. Well this is my lazy (some would call lay-up) post. Anyone who watches Sports Center was probably cracking up at Phil Jackson's press conference following a game against the Spurs. In case you missed it, Phil's exact words were: "We call this a 'Brokeback Mountain' game because there's so much penetration and kickouts."

Gold. Comic Genius. Someone get him to cross the picket line, the writers guild is going back to work. If we made any money, he'd demand 2.5% of the intenet royalties.

Of course some people didn't find it funny, and to them, Jackson apologized.
"I want to thank all the journalists and TV people who thought it was humorous in the moment last night for their support in laughing, but in retrospect it wasn't funny," Jackson said before the Lakers faced the Houston Rockets.
"When you take it out of context, it wasn't funny," Jackson continued. "It was a poor attempt at humor and I deserved to be reprimanded by the NBA. If I offended any horses, Texans, cowboys or gays, I apologize."
Asked if he had left anyone out in his mea culpa, Jackson said, "Well, children."

Will it ever stop? Nope. Deadspin, an AoF favorite, posted this article, and followed it up with apologies from other sports figures. Then the readership took the torch and hilarity ensued. Here's a snippet.

Sorry for that stripper thing and that my wife is now making me stay with the Yankees. --Rod

Sorry I made you look like even more of a tool, A-Rod. --Scott Boras

Sorry I took career advice from Stephon Marbury. --ARod

I ain't sorry for shit, bitch. -- Isaiah

Sorry. I totally bogarted that. - Chris Henry

Sorry i ate all of my good recruits. - Charlie Weis

Ruvell -- Sorry I grabbed your stuff. -- Packer Fan

Sorry that I only spin on the one axis. --Randi

Sorry for missing one goddamn kick in my life.-Adam Vinatieri

Sorry about Boston, guys. But a deal's a deal. - The Devil

0 comments: