8.30.2007

Mid-Day Rant

Here I sit, laptop screen dim, trying to covertly blog while I sit in my cubicle, contemplating. Contemplating what, you ask? Good question. Here's the short list.


Why can't my sports radio get good reception?

Why can't the Mets beat the Phillies?

Why has Woot.com paused their Woot-Off on a seven piece taco shell deep frier kit? (for those of you who don't know Woot, they sell one product a day, generally at a price well below market, until they sell out. Then it starts all over again the next day). Presently I am keeping a keen eye on the current "woot-off" (multiple products in a day) yet nothing has really tempted me to pull the trigger. I do a fair amount of shopping on Woot. For example, I've purchased a GPS, Roomba, TV Converter thing. And no matter what you purchase, Flat Screen TV or Bag 'O Crap (they actually do sell bags of crap), it all costs only $5.00 to ship. Genius. The guy who started this must be doing decently well for himself.

Why did the person sitting in the next cubicle to me just tell me that he needs to stay hydrated for the amount of beer he is planning on consuming?

How much beer am I going to consume?

Why does my job require that I wear an "over-21" bracelet when there are only 10 underage people that work here. Might as well let them drink.

Why is that stupid taco deep frier still on Woot? Maybe I'll buy a taco deep frier, just to keep things moving. Who would ever USE a taco deep frier?

Why is Aaron Sele pitching for the Mets in the 5th inning when they have a shot at coming back?

Should I go take a poop? There's no TV in the bathroom here. I could get bored. Thank God for cell phone games. (I recommend Fight Night).

Blogging is hard with the potential of someone looking over your shoulder at all times.
Should the Democratic Party take Fidel Castro's advice and run a Clinton/Obama ticket? Was that actually Castro? Does he have a ghostwriter? Is he already dead?

Woot has moved onto a "twin turbo" hand vac. $4.99. Sounds spiffy, I'd link it if it wasn't about to disappear.

In an attempt to find a cure for office boredom, I've discovered a game that requires two people and an object (preferably blunt). Ok, ok officially, you need a ball. The game is called "faceball". As the name of the game suggests, it involves your face, and balls. The object of the game is to throw balls in your face. The person who has the most balls in their face, loses. Game: Blouses

0 comments: