8.02.2007

Musings from the World of Relaxation

It's been a pretty amazing stretch of the last few days. It's a funny thing having absolutely nothing to do. You end up going out of your way for relaxation. One never knows when this great stretch of leisure will come to an end, i.e., finding a job, so I force myself to squeeze every last drop of nothing out of the day. My current favorite is going to bed at a quasi-reasonable time in order to wake up early. To do what you might ask? Mostly play video games, maybe watch some infomercials, etc. Soon Tiger Woods is gonna go down, hard.

The downside to having a completely free schedule is that I have nothing of any value to write about here. Seriously, nothing. My mind is a blank. There's not even that much going on in my personal life. Honestly, the most significant thing that's happened to me in the past week is that I'm pretty sure that I got dysentery from Shea Stadium hot dogs. Those were delicious and I have no regrets.

As stated above, all I'm left with is various musings:

First off, fuck Tyler Florence. What has he done to warrant Applebee's forcing him into my home on a regular basis to sell some shitty generic dish? I hate that because of him I wasted 10 minutes of my life on the celebrity chef Wikipedia entry. On the related note, what is not wasted was the time spent on the main page, mostly the "this day in history" stuff. The only noteworthy days tend to be battles. That or Hitler taking power. That happened yesterday. Found it curious for whatever reason.

You know what, fuck it. I'm feeling a little too lazy to actually come up with a full list of things. I have a date with a certain piece of paraphernalia that I can't actually say the name of in the head shop or else they kick you out. Seriously, who calls it a water pipe in their everyday life?

In closing, I'd like to leave you with a classic Shrutism: "I've never killed a vampire before, but I did shoot a werewolf once. By the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog."

0 comments: