12.18.2007

Laziness Reason for No Title?

I'm gonna go ahead and apologize about this post before I even write it. It's like some sort of weird time paradox common in the "Back to the Future" Trilogy. I have no idea what this post is gonna be about (if it indeed ends up being about anything whatsoever). Could be about something cute like puppy dogs and butterscotch candies. Could also be about something mundane that goes terribly wrong, like just getting done spreading marmalade on a fresh piece of toast...only the toast slips out of your hand and falls to the ground in slow motion and you're powerless to stop it...knowing full well that it's gonna end up marmalade side down...and once it does exactly that and you bend down to pick it up all while cursing your clumsiness...Satan pops up out of thin air and cuts the gnarliest brimstone-laced fart ever in your face that makes it melt off like the Nazis at the end of "Indiana Jones". My point is, as always, the unknown is precisely that, the potential timeline running parallel to ours but possibly with some slight twist in it along the lines of you going back thirty years in the past and going to the Prom with your mom and your siblings fade out of whatever photograph you might be carrying.

See, I've already proved my point. It was a good thing that I already apologized for this post because that last paragraph made absolutely no sense. I should be admonished by the principal in "Billy Madison" for unleashing such a thing upon the internet. Before you cast the first stone, it must be noted that there's a good explanation for all of this. I am in the middle of an astonishing run of unproductivity. In sum, it will be about five and a half months total between me doing anything helpful for society. That time lapse is the period between taking the bar and starting my job.

It's wonderful and awful at the same time. It's wonderful in that I never have anywhere to be in the morning (or afternoon or night for that matter). It's awful in that my entire memory of useful things has been replaced with pop culture references that not only serve as analogies for things but have outright caused me to speak wholly in terms of similes since I basically only watch TV or fuck around on the internet and have no real life experiences. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting how to read. I choose the Daily News over the New York Times because, quite frankly, there's too many words and not enough pictures in the Times. The sad thing is that that last sentence was true. Before I just stop mid-post, it should be noted that I'm far too lazy to even finish this post. That being said, I'm gonna let Jim Gaffigan do the talking while I go eat some brownies.

0 comments: