12.07.2007

Would it be fair to say: Cell Phones Cause Cancer

I've decided to take today off. Well not technically off, but I've decided to refrain from working more than 20% of what my salary dictates. It's casual Friday here in the office, and that's exactly how I'm approaching it. Casually. One might say that this could affect my job. As you may know, I can be a go-getter or a slouch, depending on my mood and any extraneous forces. Seeing as how my boss ignores me for the most part, I've been working for an entirely different department for the past 3 months, and anyone who matters over there took today off in order to either (1) use up vacation days before being penalized for not using them by losing them OR (2) take a 2 week hiatus to Cancun, I'm going to take this opportunity to catch up on some blogging, maybe read a book, surf the web, and drink enough coffee to make this fun filled day bearable. I may even read a movie script or two. (Try it, I think in many cases it's better than actually watching the movie. For instance, I read the original Tremors script, and although I know MDC will object to my charaterization of that movie as "undeniably shitty", imagining the ground swallowing livestock/people is far better than actually seeing the 4th rate special effects that were actually used - movies like Good Will Hunting, The Departed, etc. might actually seem better, if you have half an imagination). Sure I'll make a phone call or two, send an email perhaps, maybe even set up a meeting (probably not).

I envy both of my non-bosses since I have neither the vacation days saved up nor the money/resources to travel anywhere (outside of New England). That said, my job satisfaction level is plummeting dramatically as I sit here contemplating how best to waste the next six hours. The only upside is that there is a possibility that we will have our bi-weekly post-work Friday cocktail hour, replete with all types of booze and hors d'oeuvers (sp?). I spent 3 of 5 nights last week drinking on the company dime, something that is less common in the workplace than I'd like, and as such I've developed an appettite for vodka. I don't know where I was going with that...My thirst will be quenched somehow...
Anyway, Israel just informed us that cell phones increase the risk of tumor growth. Risk increased if you use the same ear, don't use hands free systems, or lived in rural areas. I don't know what the rural area thing has to do with anything...

I could see this set up causing some problems. Bad reception...He doesn't have the antenna up. I'd recommend purchasing the professional hands free kit to give you the right angle.

1 comments:

TouchDown Xerxes said...

From the roughly 100 or so viewings of Tremors, not to mention the probably close to double digits of Tremors II: Aftershocks, nor the one-time viewing of Tremors 3: Back to Perfection, I say to you sir "How Dare You." For what it's worth, Tremors 4: The Legend Begins was asking a bit too much, even for me.