10.24.2007

Chupacabra Sighting....End of World Near

For what it's worth, I was really hoping to be the author of "Post #100". Instead, some insufferable Massachusettsian squandered it. I'm just glad that at least TW acknowledged as much and gave #101 a worthwhile topic, namely monkeys. This is my penalty for untimeliness in posting. It's really quite a shame, though, since today's post is about possibly the greatest threat known to (hispanic) man.....The Chupacabra. It flies so under the radar that even we have only dedicated one post to the chupacabra threat. And that post wasn't even addressing the threat directly. It only reviewed possibly the worst movie ever made, starring Treach, though starring is a slightly misleading word to use.


About a month ago, loyal reader (probably an exaggeration, I check google analytics pretty frequently and I haven't seen Woodbury, CT up on the list anytime recently) and all around Mook tipped AoF to potential photographic evidence of the dreaded Chupacabra. Those pictures to the right are supposedly proof of the existence of the bloodsucking fiend. Luckily, The Mook made sure to give absolutely no link in the e-mail to any sort of website where I could actually investigate these pictures. I'm left with some text that it looks like he cut and pasted out of the original. Basically, this allows me to do what I do best: take barely substantiated rumors and lend them an air of credibility so as to cause others to pass it off down the line as fact.

Here's what the text in the e-mail said: "Suspected Chupacabra chasing a deer! Thomas writes, 'I have been visiting your website for a while now and I think that ghosts do exist. Anyway I was searching out one of my favorites paranormal websites and I saw an article about a monster caught on film. It seems to be chasing a deer. This website is all in Spanish, so if you can read Spanish you can check it out. They think that it is a Chupacabra, but it also seems like a demon. Anyway, check out the picture and tell me what do you think.'"

A. I'd like to see the original website. Of course it's in Spanish. Chupacabra doesn't speak English. That and he's almost entirely a Latin American legend. I say almost because, as aforementioned, Chupacabra the Movie starred Treach, and I'm pretty sure that "OPP" was mostly in English. B. Venison is delicious. Chupacabra has a taste for delicacies. C. The Mook made a good point in the original e-mail. It could be the Jersey Devil. I tend to agree. The wings are a dead giveaway. As any serious student of the paranormal is aware of, the Jersey Devil is a winged-fiend with a piercing humanlike screech, the Chupacabra just drains the blood of farm animals and moves quickly, though doesn't fly. They might be related, though. The Jersey Devil might've been a relative of the Chupacabra, originating in Latin America, but banished from the realm for an unspeakable act. It's very possible that what Jerseyites thought was just an unintelligible humanlike screech was actually something in Spanish, like when I watch old movies from the times when you could be extremely racist towards Mexicans and they would fire guns in the air while screaming "AIAIAIAIAI!" Only the Jersey Devil doesn't believe in the 2nd Amendment (nor America for that matter) and refuses to arm himself.

1 comments:

AoFGB said...

In that picture of the Jersey Devil, he looks like he once wore roller blades, and the wheels fell off. That would explain the banishment...You know what the hardest part of roller blading is right?